Events set to mark St George’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Various events will be held in Comet country to mark St George’s Day.
In Hitchin the 11th Hitchin Scouts group will meet at Bancroft Recreation Ground tomorrow(Sunday) for the district St George’s Day parade.
The scouts will meet at 2pm and finish by 4pm at the Market Place.
In Stevenage a family event will be held at the museum today (Saturday).
Children will be able to take part in arts and crafts. The free sessions run from 11am to midday and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Marking the day yesterday (Wednesday) the leader of Stevenage Borough Council, Sharon Taylor along with Cllr John Lloyd and Billy McGill, Stevenage and North Herts fire station commander celebrated with tea, coffee and cakes.
The Letchworth and Baldock Scout District will be meeting at Howard Park and Gardens, Norton Way South at 2pm on Sunday and march up to Icknield Way Parish Church.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
Apryl Goodwin, deputy district secretary, said: “Every one of the district 11 groups is invited and last year we had over 500 people on the march which we are hoping to replicate this year.”
After the church service the scouts will march back down to the gardens where the parade will end.