European medal for Stotfold hairdresser
A STOTFOLD hairdresser has proved he is a cut above the rest when it comes to British hairdressing after returning from the European Hairdressing Championships with a medal.
Phillip Parkin’s up-do on his model Abie Northern, who he has worked with for two years, was enough to earn him a bronze medal in the technical category at this year’s European Hairdressing Championships in Dublin.
Representing his country, Phillip was the highest placed British person in his category, in which more than 30 countries competed from all over Europe.
It follows his success in the British Hairdressing Championships, in which he brushed off the competition to emerge victorious.
“This was a brilliant result and all the hard work I have put in with my model Abie had paid off,” said Phillip, who owns his own salon Hair by Phillip in Stotfold.
You may also want to watch:
“Abie has been a fantastic model and has worked really hard to help me achieve some great results.”
Phillip’s challenge was to create two hairstyles - the first a technical style suitable for day wear, and then a creation which could be worn at night.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
He will now retire from competing, and is hoping to concentrate on his salon.
He added: “It’s best to finish on a high. I would like to thank Abie for all the hard work she has put into achieving these great results.”