Entry still open for Baldock 10km race that is raising money for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of the second annual Baldock 10k run are aiming to raise crucial cash for a children’s charity.
But time is running out if you want to secure your place in the race which includes on and off road sections around the villages of Newnham, Bygrave and Ashwell on Sunday, September 14.
The race is raising funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, which helps rebuild and refurbish the hospital, provide up-to-date equipment and fund research into better treatments for children.
James Lunnon, chairman of Baldock Town Partnership which has organised the run in conjunction with Fit4thechallenge, said: “It’s such a fantastic cause and I’m looking forward to raising as much money as possible.”
GOSHCC senior fundraising manager Laura Savory said: “We’re so grateful to Baldock Town Partnership for their generosity and support.
“The money which is raised will help to make a huge difference to young patients and families from across the UK.”
The race starts at 10am, but runners are asked to be at the start line 15 minutes before.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 7 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 10 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
All finishers will receive a medal, a bottle of water and a banana.
There are also a number of category prizes to be won on the day.
The event costs £15 or £13 for concessions to enter, and is open to those aged 15 and over. Race numbers with the timing chips attached and baggage tags will be posted out to runners on Monday.
Entry closes tomorrow, Friday, so to book your place visit www.baldocktown.co.uk or www.runnersworld.co.uk.
To make a donation to GOSHCC visit www.justgiving.com/baldock10k.