Entries now open for 10th anniversary Knebworth Park Run
- Credit: Sean Dillow
Entry is now open for the British Heart Foundation’s 10th annual fun run at Knebworth House – and organisers are urging people to pull on their running shoes.
Last year 1,040 supporters took part, raising more than £46,000 for the charity, and this year the target for the February 15 fundraiser is to top £50,000.
Runners can take part in either a 5km or 10km route around the stately home’s famous parkland in an event which is backed by the Comet and open to people of all abilities.
BHF regional event organiser Hayley Reynolds said: “We’re very excited about this year’s Knebworth Park Run and hope to see many enthusiastic people eager and willing to take on the challenge.
“There has been a slight change in the route this year and we will have more entertainment at the run so it would be a fantastic year to bring spectators.
You may also want to watch:
“Coronary heart disease is not beaten yet – it remains the single biggest killer in the UK.
“It is responsible for almost 80,000 deaths each year – that’s more than 200 people dying every single day, so we urgently need the people of Stevenage and the surrounding area to support us in our search for the breakthrough that’s so desperately needed.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“The run is the perfect way to support the nation’s heart charity, save lives and improve your own heart health at the same time.”
This will be the 10th time the race has taken place at Knebworth House.
The route is cross country, mostly on grass with some inclines, but with the family friendly atmosphere you will hear encouragement from all, however you choose to get round the course.
Entry is £12 for adults and £6 for children.
For more information and to register call 0845 130 8663 or visit bhf.org.uk.
You can also email the events team on email@example.com.