Entrepreneur hoping to hold Letchworth music festival at Baldock Road Recreation Ground
- Credit: Archant
An entrepreneur who wants to bring a music festival to Letchworth with the aim of raising money for sick children has applied for a premises licence to hold the event at Baldock Road Recreation Ground.
Dale Mabert, who set up Helping Sick Children earlier this year to make trips to hospital more enjoyable for young people, is hoping to hold two-day bonanza Herts Fest at the beginning of July next year.
The team had hoped to hold the event in Norton Common, but now believe that the recreation ground – often the venue for visiting fun fairs and circuses – would be a more suitable venue.
Despite the uncertainty over the venue, the wheels are in motion for the team who have already signed up bands to play and plan to announce two professional acts in the coming weeks.
The organisers have applied for a licence to allow them to have live acts, fun fair rides and the sale of alcohol on the grounds between 11am and 1am on both the Friday and Saturday of the festival.
You may also want to watch:
As well as raising money for their own charity the organisers hope to use the festival to drum up funds towards the cost of funding another children’s air ambulance in the UK.
Dale, who lives in Baldock, said: “The plan was originally to create the first music festival in Letchworth of this scale.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
“We have changed the venue due to concerns raised by residents and for safety reasons we need to move to a bigger space.”
Anyone who wants to make a comment on the premises application can do so – no later than Friday, December 18 – by writing to North Herts District Council, Licensing Department, Gernon Road, Letchworth, SG6 3JF.
If you would like to find out more about the festival, or if you are a business or band that wants to get involved, you can email Dale on email@example.com.
For more information about the charity visit www.helpingsickchildren.org.
To purchase tickets for the festival – with prices starting at £16 for Friday or Saturday and £30 for both days – visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/herts-fest-2016.