Enjoy a cuppa and support Macmillan
TOMORROW (Friday) people all over Comet country will be getting together for coffee and cake to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, and it is really easy for you to join in too. To take part in the World s Biggest Coffee Morning - the cancer charit
TOMORROW (Friday) people all over Comet country will be getting together for coffee and cake to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, and it is really easy for you to join in too.
To take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning - the cancer charity's largest annual fundraising venture - head along to one of the public events listed below, or hold your own coffee morning with family and friends. It does not have to be held tomorrow, and you can serve whatever beverages and nibbles take your fancy.
Public coffee mornings being held in Comet country tomorrow include:
- LA Fitness in Town Square, Stevenage, from 10am until 1pm. Make a donation and use the gym facilities in return
You may also want to watch:
- St Hugh and St John's Church on Mobbsbury Way in Stevenage, from 10am until noon
- Brewery Tea Rooms on High Street in Walkern, from 9am until 12.30pm
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- Offley Place on Kings Walden Road in Offley, from 9am until noon
- Dacre Rooms on High Street in Kimpton, from 10am until noon
- Carol Dutson at 8 Allison in Letchworth GC, from 10am until 1pm
- Muriel Anderson at 27 Greenway in Letchworth GC, from 10am until noon
- Lloyds Pharmacy on London Road in Knebworth, from 9am until noon
- Playhouse Pre-school Broadwater, The Mobile, Longmeadow Primary School, Oaks Cross, Stevenage, from 9am until 11am
- Stevenage Corey's Mill Lions Club at the CIU Club in Stevenage Old Town, from 11am until 12.30pm
- All five North Hertfordshire College sites, from 10am until noon
- D�j� vu on Commerce Way in Letchworth GC, from 11am onwards. There will also be a raffle, and everything on sale in the shop will be half price
- Stevenage Town Centre Management Initiative will be offering coffee and tea, biscuits, croissants and cakes, supplied by Costa and Nosh, from a marquee in Town Square, Stevenage, from 10am until 2pm
If you can't make it to an event tomorrow, why not head to one of these instead:
- Quilting Group, Willian Village Hall in Willian on Saturday, from 10am. Letchworth WI ladies will be making coffee and cakes. There will also be a raffle, a secondhand book stall, and quilts and other handcrafted items made by the quilting group for sale.
- Potstop on Station Road in Knebworth on Tuesday, October 6, from 10am until 11.30am. All proceeds from tea and coffee during the month of October will also be donated to Macmillan.
To register your own event, visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.
HEAD down to Wayne Armstrong's Boxing Gym on Station Approach in Hitchin on Saturday and take part in a pole dancing session to raise money for Macmillan.
The Pole Jam from noon until 4pm is aimed at people who have tried pole dancing at least once before, and is an opportunity to have some fun and try out some moves. There will be six poles, but it is not a class. Participants will be asked to pay �10, with all money being donated to Macmillan.
Pink champagne and pink lemonade will also be served by a butler in the buff, for a small charge.