End in sight for collection of brown bin waste in North Hertfordshire
COMET country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bins emptied. Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts District Council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds
COMET country residents will have to wait another week to have their brown bins emptied.
Thanks to the slight thaw in weather conditions, North Herts District Council resumed refuse collections this week, and says it has caught up with most of the rounds which were missed last week due to the snow and ice.
However, some brown bins, which are used for garden waste, food waste and cardboard, still have not been emptied, and a council spokesman said they will now be cleared on the next cycle, meaning it will have been over a month since they were last collected.
Cllr Lynda Needham, portfolio holder for waste and recycling at the district council, said: "We are very grateful to residents who have had to put up with some hardship in the difficult conditions and to our crews who have been out in all weathers to maintain the service.
You may also want to watch:
"In extreme conditions we have to consider the safety of residents, of residents' property and of our recycling crews."
In the meantime, recycling materials can be taken to any of the district council's recycling sites, including the one in Blackhorse Road, Letchworth GC.
- 1 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The council's website www.north-herts.gov.uk will have regular updates during any more periods of cold weather.