Emergency services battle minibus fire in Hitchin this morning
- Credit: Archant
EMERGENCY services are at the scene of a fire in Hitchin.
Ambulance crews, firefighters and the police were called to reports of a white minibus on fire on Park Way, at 8.50am this morning (Monday).
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We have four ambulance crews at scene dealing with four patients, all with minor injuries, all four will be conveyed to Lister for further assessments.”
Road diversions are in place while the fire is brought under control.
Police have closed the A505 Park Way junction, the Three Moorehens roundabout and the right turning into Charlton.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Check back for further updates.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage