Election 2017: All you need to know about the General Election results in Stevenage, North Hertfordshire, and Mid and North East Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Election day is almost upon us and on Thursday you will be voting to choose MPs for the constituency where you live - and the next government of the United Kingdom.
If you haven’t applied for a postal vote, you will have been sent details of your local polling station on your polling card and should go along to place your vote sometime between 7am and 10pm, when the polling stations close.
If you are in any doubt who to vote for, you can see profiles of the candidates and their policies by clicking on the ‘Election 2017’ tab at the top of this website.
The first indication of results on Thursday will come in the form of an exit poll.
This is created by Ipsos MORI which will do surveys of voters leaving polling stations.
You may also want to watch:
It will publish the poll for BBC and Sky News the moment the polling stations close at 10pm.
The time results are declared can depend on a number of factors, but for Stevenage it is estimated to be 4am, North East Herts, 3am, 5am for Hitchin and Harpenden, 5am for Mid Bedfordshire and 6am for North East Bedfordshire.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Some constituencies will still be counting votes well into Friday.
To follow election coverage through the night including interviews with candidates, voters, and the latest local polls, and for the latest results in your area as they come in, check back to this website.
Meanwhile if you are unsure who to vote for, take part in our quiz which might help you decide which party is on your side.