Elderly woman suffers fractured collarbone after robbery in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
AN elderly woman has suffered bruising and a fractured collarbone after she was robbed.
The offence happened on Thursday, April 25 at 1.50pm on the Swift Close footway, which leads to Southern Way, Letchworth GC.
The victim was walking along Swift Close when, she felt someone grab her handbag which was placed on her right shoulder.
The offender grabbed the victim’s bag causing her to fall to the ground.
He is described as a man, slim build, wearing a light coloured hooded top with the hood up and light coloured trousers possibly light blue or grey.
You may also want to watch:
Police are interested to speak to a possible witness, a man who was walking in the same area at the time of the offence.
This man is described as white, in his early twenties, tall, possibly 6ft, slim build, he was wearing a navy coloured t–shirt and jogging bottoms that were a lighter blue than the t-shirt.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
He appeared to have some type of identity card on a lanyard around his neck and a grey jacket or similar draped over his left arm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Rob Burns via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G2/13/730. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.