Elderly woman ‘still critically ill’ after Tuesday lunchtime crash outside Hitchin Asda store
- Credit: Archant
The elderly woman who was seriously injured in Tuesday’s collision outside Hitchin’s Asda store is still critically ill, say police.
They have appealed for information about how the woman in her 80s received head injuries after being hit by a black Hyundai i10 car.
Emergency services were called to the Queen Street scene at around 12.45pm and the woman was taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital, where she is still being treated.
Sgt Colin Jenkinson of the Beds, Cambs and Herts roads policing unit said this afternoon: “This collision has resulted in a lady sustaining an extremely serious life threatening injury and I would urge any member of the public who may have information to come forward.
“Any information you may have – no matter how small or insignificant you think it may be - could greatly assist our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting ISR 250 of December 29, 2015.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out