Elderly woman dies after car crashes into tree on Stevenage A602
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has died after a car left the road and crashed into a tree in Stevenage last night.
Emergency services were called to the A602, Broadhall Way, at about 5.20pm yesterday after a silver Ford Fusion crashed near to the junction with Hertford Road.
A woman in her 80s, who was sitting in the back of the car, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver and front seat passenger, a woman and man in their 80s, were injured and taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital.
The road was closed until around 9.50pm while a police investigation took place, although it is not yet clear why the car veered off the A602.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to speak with anyone who may have seen the car being driven in the area prior to the collision and are asking those who have information to call the police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack