Elderly man injured after attempted purse robbery in Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s was treated in hospital after an attempted robbery in Biggleswade last night.
The incident happened at around 9.20pm when the man and his wife, also in her 80s, were walking to their car near Station Road.
The couple were approached by a man on a mountain bike before he attempted to grab the woman’s purse, but she resisted.
Her husband suffered cuts to his hands while trying to fend off the man and was later taken to hospital.
The suspect is described as white, in his late teens, wearing black jeans, and a black top with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
He rode off in the direction of Back Street after the incident.
Det Con Gareth Jones, investigating, said: “This was a very distressing incident for the couple and we are keen to trace this offender.”
If you saw the incident or have any information call Beds police on 101, quoting reference 436 of 7 September, or report online at bedfordshire.police.uk/report/Report.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.