Elderly lady treated after blaze in house

A lady was treated at the scene

A lady was treated at the scene - Credit: Archant

AN ELDERLY lady had to be given first aid after a blaze broke out in her home in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

Firefighters and ambulance crews were called to the property in London Road, Langley, Hitchin, at 3.36am.

When there, they found the bungalow was completely smoke logged, with the fire believed to have started from a radiator in the lounge.

Paramedics treated the woman at the scene and the fire was out by 4.05am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter