‘Whatever your GCSE or A-level results, we can help’ say North Hertfordshire College
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a nail-biting wait for teenagers up and down the country as GCSE and A-level results days have acted as a dark cloud over their summer.
For many, both days have been a joyous occasion when the months of studying hard, not going out with friends and getting their noses into books and coursework paid off.
But some students will have been disappointed with their GCSE results, and despite all of their hard work, may not have achieved the results they wanted. It might seem like the end of the world for some teenagers, but it truly is not as there are many options for those who didn’t quite hit the mark.
If you just missed out on a GCSE grade, you can speak to your sixth form or further education college to see if they will accommodate you with lower marks, or they may offer you a place but on a different subject or course.
Kit Davies, deputy principal at North Hertfordshire College, said: “Every year we make it our mission to find a place for every single student. That means no matter what GCSE results you got, whether they were worse or better than expected, we have a course that will suit your level and help your progression towards the career you want.
You may also want to watch:
“If you got your results last week and you’re weighing up your options for the future, give NHC a call as we can give you lots of helpful advice and guidance.”
NHC run courses in more than 15 different subject areas – everything from business to hair and beauty, and engineering to travel and aviation.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
They are currently running a scheme where they guarantee that every student aged 16-18 joining them on a full time study programme this September will progress onto a job, apprenticeship or further learning. They are so confident in their programmes, that if a student doesn’t progress, they will give them £1,000.
Speaking about the situation some students may find themselves in after receiving their A-level results, Rifaat Foufa, head of teaching and learning of higher education at NHC, added: “Clearing can be daunting for students who are already dealing with disappointment. At the college we make the process simple and speedy – we will talk you through your options and give you advice and guidance over the phone.
“We run foundation degrees and extended degrees, both of which can be topped up at the University of Hertfordshire to become a full degree, as well as higher national diplomas. At NHC you can get a degree level qualification without the university price tag.”
To find out more call NHC on 01462 424242, visit www.nhc.ac.uk or use #GUARANTEEYOURFUTURE on social media.