Warriorz dance teacher from Stevenage steps in to help Letchworth students ahead of public performances
- Credit: Archant
A dance teacher has teamed up with a school troupe as they showcase their talents to a wider audience.
Zara Richards – founder of the Stevenage-based Warriorz Performing Arts Academy – has been passing on her expertise to BTEC dance students at The Da Vinci Studio School of Creative Enterprise in Letchworth, who take to the stage tomorrow before holding two more public performances on Friday.
Zara launched her award-winning academy a year ago having performed in national TV commercials for brands such as Dr Pepper and the Disney Channel, and has been imparting her knowledge to students in a guest tutor capacity.
“The students have come on in leaps and bounds since I started with them at the beginning of the term,” she said.
“Some of them have really come out of their shell, which has improved the energy and vibrancy of their performances.
“Two Da Vinci students decided to audition for Warriorz, both of which we accepted, and I look forward to working with all students at the school again in the future.”
Da Vinci dance student Grace Atfield said: “Our extra classes with Zara have been great, she really helped us to fine-tune our commercial work and teach us new, current styles. Here at Da Vinci we already have some fantastic teachers, it has been a great opportunity to learn from another industry artist.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 5 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
BTEC dance course leader Graeme Spencer added: “The students have all come from a diverse range of dance backgrounds. It has been important to celebrate this and to equip them as both technicians and performers.”
The dance show will take to the stage at 1pm and 7pm tomorrow at the Da Vinci Hall in Broadway, Letchworth, with repeat performances at the same times on Friday.
Tickets are £6 for adults, or £5 for students and concessions.