Visiting entrepreneurs at North Hertfordshire College get students fired-up
- Credit: Archant
Enterprise students from across the region gathered at North Hertfordshire College (NHC) for a workshop from entrepreneurs.
Speaking to the students on Wednesday last week was Jackson Ogunyemi, AKA Action Jackson and Junior Ogunyemi, author of How to be a student entrepreneur.
Students who study qualifications in enterprise and entrepreneurialism through the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy at North Hertfordshire College, Cambridge Regional College and Peterborough Regional College gathered at NHC’s Goldsmith Centre in Letchworth GC for a day of masterclasses around theme of fired-up.
Action Jackson spoke to the students about his core principles of love, integrity, focus and excellence and how goals can be achieved by focusing your energy.
Junior added that aiming for a goal is about the person you become along the way as much as the end achievement, and to do something new you must become someone new.
You may also want to watch:
NHC student Stephanie Ginger said: “Today I’ve learnt that if you want something you have to go and get it and not wait for someone to hand it to you. I’ve got a bad habit of getting half way through a task and not finishing it but now I’m going to put time aside and make sure I get it done. I’ve been undertaking event management work experience and I’ve decided that in the future I want to start my own event management business.”
Sarah Lee, business enterprise manager at NHC said: “Today has been a fantastic opportunity for the students, both Jackson and Junior are extremely motivational speakers and have also provided the students with some valuable, practical tips to help them focus and achieve their goals. Master classes and workshops from entrepreneurs and industry professionals form and integral part of the course here at the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy and we’re very grateful to both Jackson and Junior for their visit.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy is accepting applications now for courses starting in September, find out more and apply at www.nhc.ac.uk, or go along to the college open day 10am – 1pm today (Saturday)