Thomas Alleyne School, Stevenage
Thomas Alleyne school in Stevenage had a record year for A*-C GCSE passes with 56 per cent of students (86 out of 154) achieving five A*-C results, up from 48 per cent last year. In maths and English just over 40 per cent achieved A*-C grades. High achi
Thomas Alleyne school in Stevenage had a record year for A*-C GCSE passes with 56 per cent of students (86 out of 154) achieving five A*-C results, up from 48 per cent last year.
In maths and English just over 40 per cent achieved A*-C grades.
High achievers included 10 pupils who were awarded five or more grade As including Charlie Bannister who achieved eight grade As including two A*s, Charlotte Elmore who got nine As including two A*s and Claire Robinson who was awarded nine A grades including three A*s.
Headteacher Jonathan Block said: "We're really chuffed. When I arrived four years ago we wanted to improve step by step. There are courses we could provide that rocket up the results but we wanted to provide a solid platform of GCSEs.
You may also want to watch:
"We've wonderful kids who've done brilliantly - but it's not just about them, it's all the kids doing as well as they can.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright