Thomas Alleyne School, Stevenage
HARD working students from Thomas Alleyne School in Stevenage are celebrating outstanding exam results. Headteacher Jonathan Block said: We ve had another good year, with two-thirds of our students doing better than predicted, and almost all the others g
HARD working students from Thomas Alleyne School in Stevenage are celebrating outstanding exam results.
Headteacher Jonathan Block said: "We've had another good year, with two-thirds of our students doing better than predicted, and almost all the others getting the grades they needed. We've also had several students scoring A grades."
Among the school's highflyers were Carmel Foster, with two As and two Bs, and former head girl Lauren Absalom who gained three As and a B and has a place to study psychology at Bath University.
"I'm thrilled," Lauren said. "It's been a lot of hard work, but my teachers and friends have been very supportive. What's made me really happy is that all my friends have done well too."
The school is especially pleased that the students bar one have achieved the grades they needed for university places, and that the successes have been achieved across a wide range of subjects.
Mr Block added: "Our science results were very good, as you would expect now that we are a specialist science college. But we also had good results in traditional subjects such as English and history and newer ones such as business studies, psychology and health and social care.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
"We have a strong sixth form here at Thomas Alleyne and for the third successive year our excellent results show that students are making the right choice by coming here.