Students showcase their designs at Clothes Show Live
- Credit: Archant
Students seen their designs showcased on the catwalk.
Those who are in their final year studying for a foundation degree in fashion and textiles at North Hertfordshire College, showed off their designs at the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham which ran from December 6-10.
The outfits were designed and created by the students and then modelled by professionals on the runway.
The theme for this year’s collection was club to catwalk, drawing inspiration from the 1980s nightclub scene, with romanticism, punk and glam-metal themes.
Student Shannon Bradley said: “It was exciting to see the idea from your mind, go onto paper, developing it yourself and then see the final garment on the catwalk, knowing that you have done everything from start to finish yourself.”
NHC fashion and textiles tutor Julia Fleminger said: “Participation in Clothes Show Live gives students valuable experience working in a professional environment alongside major designers and retailers. This year’s collection feature silver metallic fabric along with fuchsia and yellow leather.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes