Students showcase their designs at Clothes Show Live
- Credit: Archant
Students seen their designs showcased on the catwalk.
Those who are in their final year studying for a foundation degree in fashion and textiles at North Hertfordshire College, showed off their designs at the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham which ran from December 6-10.
The outfits were designed and created by the students and then modelled by professionals on the runway.
The theme for this year’s collection was club to catwalk, drawing inspiration from the 1980s nightclub scene, with romanticism, punk and glam-metal themes.
Student Shannon Bradley said: “It was exciting to see the idea from your mind, go onto paper, developing it yourself and then see the final garment on the catwalk, knowing that you have done everything from start to finish yourself.”
You may also want to watch:
NHC fashion and textiles tutor Julia Fleminger said: “Participation in Clothes Show Live gives students valuable experience working in a professional environment alongside major designers and retailers. This year’s collection feature silver metallic fabric along with fuchsia and yellow leather.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas