Students graffiti for fun
- Credit: Archant
Students at a school have designed a mural to brighten up some safety hoardings.
Pupils at the Da Vinci Studio School of Creative Enterprise in Letchworth joined up with Mark Tanti, a graffiti artist from Stevenage, to design and paint the mural last week.
The hoardings are being used while the old Grammar School next door is being renovated. The school is planning to move into the building next year.
Mark, 31, has been a graffiti artist since he was a teenager and seven years ago started taking commissions.
He said: “It was a student based workshop and the students decided on the theme which was to depict what the school stands for. They painted a picture of a stage with an audience, curtains each side and a tree in the middle branching out with logos representing the different curriculum subjects on the end of the branches.
You may also want to watch:
“The students were very engaged in the work. I felt they learned a lot and some good work was produced.
“Everyone found it difficult using a spray can the first time, but we focused on learning the basic techniques at first and developing these skills, rather than producing a masterpiece.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
Approximately six, six-form students and students from year 10 worked on the project which covered an area of six metres by three metres.
Assisted by the artist, it took the students six days to complete.
To see more of Mark Tanti’s work go to www.demograffix.co.uk
HAVE ASKED FOR QUOTE FROM TEACHER