Students’ five-star experience at London’s Four Seasons Hotel
STUDENTS from North Hertfordshire College (NHC) gained five-star work experience at a top London hotel as they kitted out staff in new uniforms.
The adult, community and family learning course students spent a week working in the luxurious surroundings of the Four Seasons Hotel in Park Lane, as they made alterations to the uniforms of 360 hotel staff.
Alla Ritch, NHC’s dressmaking and pattern cutting tutor, provided full-time support and leadership during the week, as well as quality checking and on the job training.
Students tried their hand at turning up hundreds of pairs of trousers, operate industrial flat ironing and blind-hemming machines.
They also learnt how to do hand sewing, attaching micro chips and personalised hotel tags on each uniform.
Speaking afterwards, Ms Ritch, who arranged the week of work experience for the students, said: “Facilities were to dream about; space, luxury, oak panelled walls, marble floors, antique furniture.
“Plus, we received refreshments and meals, including choices from their luxurious lunch menu. This was an experience that will last a life-time for us all.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
One of the NHC students said: “This has boosted my confidence levels sky high.
“It was great to be part of a team of people of different ages and interests, but all with the same jobs and goals.”
Another added: “This was a big eye-opener for me, being involved in a behind the scenes process and a fantastic opportunity to be involved in garment production with everyone working together as a team.”