Students’ five-star experience at London’s Four Seasons Hotel
STUDENTS from North Hertfordshire College (NHC) gained five-star work experience at a top London hotel as they kitted out staff in new uniforms.
The adult, community and family learning course students spent a week working in the luxurious surroundings of the Four Seasons Hotel in Park Lane, as they made alterations to the uniforms of 360 hotel staff.
Alla Ritch, NHC’s dressmaking and pattern cutting tutor, provided full-time support and leadership during the week, as well as quality checking and on the job training.
Students tried their hand at turning up hundreds of pairs of trousers, operate industrial flat ironing and blind-hemming machines.
They also learnt how to do hand sewing, attaching micro chips and personalised hotel tags on each uniform.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking afterwards, Ms Ritch, who arranged the week of work experience for the students, said: “Facilities were to dream about; space, luxury, oak panelled walls, marble floors, antique furniture.
“Plus, we received refreshments and meals, including choices from their luxurious lunch menu. This was an experience that will last a life-time for us all.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 3 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
One of the NHC students said: “This has boosted my confidence levels sky high.
“It was great to be part of a team of people of different ages and interests, but all with the same jobs and goals.”
Another added: “This was a big eye-opener for me, being involved in a behind the scenes process and a fantastic opportunity to be involved in garment production with everyone working together as a team.”