Stevenage school secures Olympic legacy funding
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL has secured Olympic legacy funding which will mean community groups can use a sporting facility throughout the year.
The Barclay School in Walkern Road, Stevenage, has been awarded £26,500 to help fund night-lighting for a new all weather pitch.
Once the Spotlight on Barclay project is complete, the public will be able to use the facility on evenings and weekends throughout the dark winter months.
The money comes from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund, set up to help provide an Olympic and Paralympic legacy following London 2012.
The school, Fairlands Youth Football Club and MBDA Sport and Social Club are also providing funding.
You may also want to watch:
Barclay headteacher Debbie Upton said: “The funding will allow us and the local clubs and community to make full use of the major investment and improvement to the school facilities that the school and governors made by installing this pitch.”
Free taster sessions are to be offered later this year. To register your interest email email@example.com
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?