Stevenage special needs school appeals for swimming volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A school for children with severe learning difficulties is appealing for volunteers to help pupils during swimming sessions.
Greenside School in Stevenage's Shephall Green is a special needs school for children aged two to 19 who have complex, severe and profound learning difficulties.
A spokesman for the school said: "Swimming is extremely popular with our learners, using our warm water pool. To enhance their enjoyment and progression, most require 1:1 assistance.
"With a growing school, we are looking at adding to our team of 20 volunteers.
"This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity - watching their progress, enjoyment, smiles and laughter.
"Full training and support is provided."
If you are interested and can commit to a regular session once a week, email pool manager Michael Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England