Stevenage special needs school appeals for swimming volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A school for children with severe learning difficulties is appealing for volunteers to help pupils during swimming sessions.
Greenside School in Stevenage's Shephall Green is a special needs school for children aged two to 19 who have complex, severe and profound learning difficulties.
A spokesman for the school said: "Swimming is extremely popular with our learners, using our warm water pool. To enhance their enjoyment and progression, most require 1:1 assistance.
"With a growing school, we are looking at adding to our team of 20 volunteers.
"This is an incredibly rewarding opportunity - watching their progress, enjoyment, smiles and laughter.
You may also want to watch:
"Full training and support is provided."
If you are interested and can commit to a regular session once a week, email pool manager Michael Levy at email@example.com.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?