Stevenage recruitment fair aims to tackle teacher vacancies crisis
- Credit: Archant
With the education sector facing a recruitment crisis, a careers fair for teachers is being held in Stevenage today.
Herts for Learning, a not-for-profit education company, will be hosting its fourth Teach in Herts Teacher Recruitment Fair between 10am and 2pm at the Hertfordshire Development Centre in Robertson House on Six Hills Way.
The purpose of this free event is for experienced, new, returning or overseas qualified teachers to attend and talk directly to representatives from Hertfordshire schools about their vacancies.
The fair is also aimed at attracting people considering a career in teaching, with newly qualified teachers starting on a salary of at least £22,917.
The recruitment fair will include a wide range of workshops, advice sessions and exhibiting schools, and last year attracted almost 600 delegates.
You may also want to watch:
There will be plenty of information available, including tips on how to apply for your first teaching post, as well as workshops.
Experienced teaching professionals will be able to offer advice on all routes into teaching and be able to answer any specific questions visitors may have.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
Andrew de Csilléry, managing director at Herts for Learning, said: “The education sector is facing a recruitment crisis and we recognise that this is the number one challenge that schools face, not only in Hertfordshire but nationally.
“At Herts for Learning, we want to support our shareholding schools in finding and retaining high-quality teaching staff by assisting them with the recruitment process and providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff at all levels of their teaching careers.”
This week, Herts for Learning had 219 teaching jobs advertised on its website, as well as 31 leadership roles.
Herts for Learning is a not-for-profit education company owned by Hertfordshire schools and delivers education and business services, resources and products in order to help young people realise their potential. For more information, and to view job vacancies, visit hertsforlearning.co.uk.