Stars on show at Knebworth
With Venus and Jupiter at their most dramatic, a star party is being held to explore the universe this weekend.
Known for its galaxy of rock stars, Knebworth Park will host a different kind of star gazing when the Letchworth and District Astronomical Society bring out their telescopes on Saturday night as well as give talks.
With an open invite, the group hope to attract as many amateur astronomers as possible.
Society chairman Jerry Stone said the popularity of the BBC’s Stargazing Live has increased interest in exploring the night sky.
“And to do so in the magnificent surroundings of Knebworth Park is a special and rare treat.”
You may also want to watch:
To get a free ticket go to www.ldas.org.uk or call 07939 204457.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 8 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 9 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs