Stars on show at Knebworth
With Venus and Jupiter at their most dramatic, a star party is being held to explore the universe this weekend.
Known for its galaxy of rock stars, Knebworth Park will host a different kind of star gazing when the Letchworth and District Astronomical Society bring out their telescopes on Saturday night as well as give talks.
With an open invite, the group hope to attract as many amateur astronomers as possible.
Society chairman Jerry Stone said the popularity of the BBC’s Stargazing Live has increased interest in exploring the night sky.
“And to do so in the magnificent surroundings of Knebworth Park is a special and rare treat.”
To get a free ticket go to www.ldas.org.uk or call 07939 204457.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans