Staff at Letchworth school walk out in support of deputy head
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
Staff at a school have walked out in support of a deputy headteacher.
The Comet has learned that a number of teaching and non-teaching staff at Fearnhill School in Letchworth GC walked out at 3.40pm last Thursday, November 21, in support of their deputy head Stella Brennan.
Mrs Brennan was suspended from her post at the school in Icknield Way just before the end of the summer term and did not return to work for the new academic year in September. The reason for the suspension remains unknown.
Hertfordshire County Council confirmed in September that a member of staff had been suspended without prejudice while an investigation took place.
This investigation has now been completed and findings were presented to the governors of Fearnhill School at a meeting last week.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jed Whelan said: “A meeting was held with an officer from Hertfordshire County Council after school hours on Thursday to discuss how the school is progressing.
“Staff attendance was on a voluntary basis and some chose not to come.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: “A decision has been made in regards to this case but is subject to appeal so we cannot comment further.”
• Did you walk out last week? If so, email email@example.com