Some schools close in Stevenage and North Herts as Beast from the East hits
- Credit: Archant
As the so-called “Beast from the East” covers our towns and villages with snow, some Stevenage and North Herts schools are closing early this afternoon.
A few schools didn’t open this morning, while others have announced closures this afternoon as the white stuff continues to fall.
• Wednesday, Feb 28: In Stevenage, Camps Hill Primary School, Fairlands Primary School & Nursery, St Margaret Clitherow RC Primary School and St Nicholas Church of England Primary School are closing early.
Letchmore Infants’ and Nursery School is closing at 2.15pm, with some staff remaining on site until 3pm. Moss Bury Primary School has allowed pick-up since 1pm, with the school set to close at 3.15pm.
Marriotts and Bedwell schools have both also closed, and Greenside School is closing at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Broon Barns Primary School closed at 1pm, and early collection is available at Woolenwick Junior School. Giles Junior School and Giles Nursery and Infants’ School also closed at 1pm.
The Leys Primary and Nursery School is closing at 2.30pm, and Almond Hill Junior School is closing at 2pm. Stevenage Education Support Centre, off Collenswood Road, and Ashtree Primary School & Nursery have also closed early today.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
Lodge Farm Primary School in Stevenage has allowed collections from 1.30pm.
Rookie’s Day Nursery in Stevenage is closing at 4pm today, with parents asked to call before leaving home tomorrow to check if it’s open.
In the villages around Stevenage, Ardeley St Lawrence Church of England Primary School and Knebworth Primary and Nursery School have closed.
In Hitchin, Highover JMI School has cancelled its after-school clubs this evening, but is still set to remain open to the end of he school day.
In Letchworth, Hillshott Infant School and Nursery is allowing children to be picked up from 1.30pm.
Pixmore Junior School is open until 3.15pm as usual, but parents can collect from 2pm. After-school clubs are cancelled.
In Baldock, Brandles School closed at 1pm.
• Thursday, March 1: Camps Hill Primary School in Stevenage closed due to broken boiler.
• If there are any other school closures you know about, please email email@example.com and we can add them to the list.