Showcasing the garden city
MORE than 50 visitors from across Europe and the UK were welcomed to Letchworth GC at the Round Table Euromeeting.
Bringing together Round Table groups from nine countries, the annual gathering gives each country an opportunity to showcase their customs, heritage and traditions while providing a memorable, friendly and enjoyable event.
Each country takes it in turns to host the event, with this year’s meeting falling to the Letchworth Round Table to organise.
As part of a packed weekend, guests from as far afield as Finland and Norway were treated to a tour of the garden city, including a visit to the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Museum, and Letchworth Hall Hotel.
They also experienced a traditional country fair hosted indoors at Plinston, as well as having a unique Tai Chi experience courtesy of the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living.
You may also want to watch:
A gala dinner rounded off the weekend in style.
Event organiser, Letchworth Round Table chairman, Ian Hunt, said: “The Euromeeting comes to Letchworth every nine years so it is a real honour to be chair at this special time.
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
“Our guests returned home having learnt a lot about our wonderful garden city, having built new and long lasting friendships, and with some fantastic memories.”
Letchworth Round Table is currently busy raising money for the scout movement, which is its chosen charity of the year, and planning for its next adventures which include taking on the Olympic white water course in October, and tackling the Three Peaks Challenge in 2012.
For more information about the work of the organisation, visit www.letchworthroundtable.co.uk