Showcasing the garden city
MORE than 50 visitors from across Europe and the UK were welcomed to Letchworth GC at the Round Table Euromeeting.
Bringing together Round Table groups from nine countries, the annual gathering gives each country an opportunity to showcase their customs, heritage and traditions while providing a memorable, friendly and enjoyable event.
Each country takes it in turns to host the event, with this year’s meeting falling to the Letchworth Round Table to organise.
As part of a packed weekend, guests from as far afield as Finland and Norway were treated to a tour of the garden city, including a visit to the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Museum, and Letchworth Hall Hotel.
They also experienced a traditional country fair hosted indoors at Plinston, as well as having a unique Tai Chi experience courtesy of the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living.
A gala dinner rounded off the weekend in style.
Event organiser, Letchworth Round Table chairman, Ian Hunt, said: “The Euromeeting comes to Letchworth every nine years so it is a real honour to be chair at this special time.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“Our guests returned home having learnt a lot about our wonderful garden city, having built new and long lasting friendships, and with some fantastic memories.”
Letchworth Round Table is currently busy raising money for the scout movement, which is its chosen charity of the year, and planning for its next adventures which include taking on the Olympic white water course in October, and tackling the Three Peaks Challenge in 2012.
For more information about the work of the organisation, visit www.letchworthroundtable.co.uk