Shefford library will close for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A town library will close today (Saturday) to allow for refurbishments that were originally planned for last year.
Shefford library will be closed between February 1 and March 15 while modernisation works are carried out including a new public meeting room, new library layout, an improved children’s area and new lighting and shelving.
Cllr Brian Spurr, Executive Member for Sustainable Communities Services, said: “We are really excited about the plans for Shefford library. We know how popular our libraries are so we are really pleased to be investing in them and improving services for library users.”
While the building is closed a ‘click and collect’ service will be run for people wanting books at Priory House offices in Chicksands.
Members can make requests for books via our online Virtual Library and then simply pick them up from Priory House, Monks Walk, Shefford. You can access the virtual library at www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/libraries
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively members can use their nearest library in Stotfold or borrow and return items at any Central Bedfordshire Library. There will also be a drop off point for books at Morrisons in Shefford.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation