Shefford library will close for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A town library will close today (Saturday) to allow for refurbishments that were originally planned for last year.
Shefford library will be closed between February 1 and March 15 while modernisation works are carried out including a new public meeting room, new library layout, an improved children’s area and new lighting and shelving.
Cllr Brian Spurr, Executive Member for Sustainable Communities Services, said: “We are really excited about the plans for Shefford library. We know how popular our libraries are so we are really pleased to be investing in them and improving services for library users.”
While the building is closed a ‘click and collect’ service will be run for people wanting books at Priory House offices in Chicksands.
Members can make requests for books via our online Virtual Library and then simply pick them up from Priory House, Monks Walk, Shefford. You can access the virtual library at www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/libraries
Alternatively members can use their nearest library in Stotfold or borrow and return items at any Central Bedfordshire Library. There will also be a drop off point for books at Morrisons in Shefford.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes