Royal thank you to Hitchin nursery pupils
YOUNGSTERS at a Hitchin nursery got a right royal blessing when they received a letter this week from Buckingham Palace thanking them for the handmade card that they sent to Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The card, which was sent months ago to commemorate the Royal Wedding, was made in one morning at Little Owls Pre-School. The children then signed it, and it was sent off to the couple.
Linda Newton, nursery manager, said: “The children were all very excited about the Royal Wedding, and so we wanted to help them to get involved in this important national occasion.
“They had great fun making the card and were all very excited when we received an envelope with the Buckingham Palace post mark.”
The card thanks the children for the card and apologises for not thanking them before the summer holidays.
You may also want to watch:
It goes on to say the Duke and Duchess were overwhelmed with all the kind wishes they received and were immensely touched that the children took the trouble to write.
The letter will now be displayed at the entrance area of the nursery for all to see.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?