Rotary Young Writers winners and runners-up receive prizes in Sandon
- Credit: Archant
Winners and runners-up in the Rotary Young Writers competition have received prizes for their work at Sandon JMI School.
Baldock Rotary club president Mike Williams presented certificates to pupils who had entered stories, based on the theme ‘Reflection’.
All scripts were of a high standard, and prizes were presented to the winner and two runners-up of the competition’s Baldock club round.
Emily Levy’s story won both the Baldock club round and the district competition’s junior round.
She received a trophy and – as her winning script had been in the national competition as well – an additional certificate signed by the president of Rotary International in Britain and Ireland.
The school received a cheque from Baldock Rotary Club.
To find out more see baldockrotary.co.uk.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 7 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000