Rotary Young Writers winners and runners-up receive prizes in Sandon
- Credit: Archant
Winners and runners-up in the Rotary Young Writers competition have received prizes for their work at Sandon JMI School.
Baldock Rotary club president Mike Williams presented certificates to pupils who had entered stories, based on the theme ‘Reflection’.
All scripts were of a high standard, and prizes were presented to the winner and two runners-up of the competition’s Baldock club round.
Emily Levy’s story won both the Baldock club round and the district competition’s junior round.
She received a trophy and – as her winning script had been in the national competition as well – an additional certificate signed by the president of Rotary International in Britain and Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
The school received a cheque from Baldock Rotary Club.
To find out more see baldockrotary.co.uk.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?