Resident pens Hitchin-based fiction novel
A FORMER Hitchin resident has realised her ambition of writing her own book, and will come to town to launch it next month.
Maureen Bullen, who used to live in Hitchin but has now relocated to Devon, has written her second book ‘The Haunted Mirror’ which is fiction but all based in familiar Hitchin locations.
The story, set in Maureen’s old house on Walsworth Road, follows a woman who must reveal a secret mirror to put herself out of the danger that she and her husband face in the house.
“The story is all fiction, but it’s based in real places that exist in Hitchin,” explained Maureen.
“I love writing and I have lots of fantastic memories of the area, so it seemed really fitting.”
Maureen, whose book is published under her pen name Boleyn, will launch her book on Tuesday, April 12 at 11.30am the Radcliffe Arms.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 6 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 10 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage