Public meeting on Hitchin school expansion to be held
A PUBLIC meeting will be held to discuss the controversial expansion of a primary school.
Herts County Council’s plans to double the size of Samuel Lucas School in Hitchin has been met with criticism from some residents, who claim the site is not suitable.
Last week, the Comet reported on a dispute over figures given out in a consultation letter.
A public meeting, chaired by the county council, will be held this week to hear people’s views.
A county council spokesman said: “There will be a public meeting at Samuel Lucas School on Wednesday to outline the proposals and answer questions and we invite all local residents to attend and share their views.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will start at 7pm.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 8 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 9 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs