Preparations underway for 2013 GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
STUDENTS across Comet country and the UK will be receiving their GCSE results tomorrow (Thursday).
Year 11 pupils will learn what grades they have received tomorrow morning.
Make sure you visit the Comet’s website to hear the latest results, reaction, pictures, video and round-up.
The national Exam Results Helpline remains open for students,and their parents, offering expert impartial and free advice about learning and career options.
Advisers from the helpline have already supported almost 4,000 students to make productive next steps after A-level results last week.
Advice topics covered include continuing into further or higher education, or pursuing different routes such as vocational qualifications, taking a gap year or finding employment.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Hynes, Exam Results Helpline adviser, said: “Last year, I spoke in-depth with a 16-year-old student. Her Year 11 had not gone to plan. She failed her GCSEs and both she and her family were distressed. Luckily, she thought to call the Exam Results Helpline.
“By reflecting on her underlying strengths and her longer term career goals, we managed to find a bridging course at a local college. I supported her to contact the college, highlighting why she would be a good candidate for the course. She got in and started two weeks later.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
“Disappointing exam results are a setback but not a disaster. It’s imperative that students have access to expert and impartial advice after unexpected results if they need it, to identify alternative ways of achieving their career goals. The Exam Results Helpline is open daily until Saturday August 24 so make that call!”
The Exam Results Helpline can be reached on 0808 100 8000. Calls are free from landlines. Mobile network charges vary.
• Are you receiving your results today? Let us know how you did by tweeting @thecomet24 using the #CometGCSE hashtag. You can also post messages on our Facebook page, and leave your good luck/congratulations messages if anyone you know is receiving their results.