School's construction honoured in planning awards
- Credit: BEST
The construction of Pix Brook Academy has been recognised in a prestigious planning awards ceremony.
The project in Stotfold was highly commended by judges in the RTPI East of England Awards for Planning Excellence.
The awards - organised by the Royal Town Planning Institute - highlight exceptional examples of how planning and planners have a positive impact.
Pix Brook - a BEST school - started its life in temporary buildings on Etonbury Academy's site before its permanent home was completed in September 2020, which took just a year to build.
Entered into the RTPI awards by property consultants Bidwells, other key partners in the project were Willmott Dixon and Central Bedfordshire Council.
The submission read: “This new school embraced modern methods of construction to meet the existing and future educational needs of over 1,000 students.
It was also praised for having "sustainability at its heart".
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 3 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 4 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 5 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan