North Herts students set up Christmas business
STUDENTS at a college are getting into the festive spirit early, while putting their business skills to the test.
North Hertfordshire College’s business students are opening up a pop-up Christmas Shop in Hitchin.
The Hermitage Road store – named Season’s Greetings – will open its doors to the public on Monday.
Sixteen-year-old Sophie Watts, from Baldock, said: “We researched the potential customers and then looked for suitable products to sell in the shop from online wholesalers.
“We’ve had to overcome problems and make decisions on the spot, but we’ve learnt a lot more from this real experience than from textbooks.”
You may also want to watch:
Students have had to utilise skills learnt this term, considering human resources, customer service, finance, advertising, marketing and visual merchandising.
Once the shop has been launched, the year one level three extended diploma in business students will wrap presents and hold craft sessions, as well as sell goods.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
The store will remain open until Christmas.
Michelle Horseman, 16, from Biggleswade, said: “It’s a one stop shop for Christmas where you can buy presents and get them wrapped as well as decorations.
“We have a workshop area for children where they can come in and make their own personalised Christmas decorations.”
The store will be open six days a week, and run completely by the colleges business students.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/seasonsgreetingsnhc or follow @NHCPopUpShop on Twitter.