North Herts and Stevenage schools closed due to snow
- Credit: Archant
Most schools in North Herts and Stevenage are closed today due to conditions after the weekend’s snow.
Hitchin Boys’ School is closed today, as are Hitchin Girls’ School and The Priory School.
At primary level, Hitchin schools Whitehill, Purwell, Wilshere-Dacre, Highbury, Strathmore, Oughton, Highover, Samuel Lucas, Mary Exton, Our Lady and Ickleford Primary will be closed – but William Ransom is staying open.
Highfield and Fearnhill in Letchworth are closed, as is Baldock’s Knights Templar School – but the Knights Templar carol service scheduled for this evening has not yet been cancelled, with head Tim Litchfield set to make a decision about this at lunchtime.
Primary schools Icknield, Wilbury, Hillshott, Stonehill, Northfields, Pixmore, Norton St Nicholas, The Grange, St Thomas More and Garden City Academy will be closed, as will be Woolgrove School.
You may also want to watch:
In Baldock, primaries to close are St Mary’s and Hartsfield, with St John’s yet to confirm whether it will open. Ashwell Primary School will be closed today.
In Stevenage, Barclay, Barnwell, John Henry Newman, Marriotts, Nobel and Thomas Alleyne schools will all be closed today.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Lonsdale, Longmeadow, The Valley, Lodge Farm, Letchmore, Camps Hill, Fairlands, St Nicholas, Woolenwick, Larwood and St Vincent de Paul will also be closed.
North Herts College has announced it will be closed at all campuses. Princess Helena College near Hitchin is also closed.
Village schools closing today include Graveley, Hexton, Offley, Pirton, Preston, St Ippolyts and St Paul’s Walden.
Other schools have yet to confirm whether they will open or stay closed today – the Comet will add any further closures to this list.
Letchworth’s independent St Francis’ College remains open as usual, though girls have been asked to travel only if it is safe to do so.
Kingshott School in Hitchin also remains open.