North Herts and Stevenage schools closed due to snow
- Credit: Archant
Most schools in North Herts and Stevenage are closed today due to conditions after the weekend’s snow.
Hitchin Boys’ School is closed today, as are Hitchin Girls’ School and The Priory School.
At primary level, Hitchin schools Whitehill, Purwell, Wilshere-Dacre, Highbury, Strathmore, Oughton, Highover, Samuel Lucas, Mary Exton, Our Lady and Ickleford Primary will be closed – but William Ransom is staying open.
Highfield and Fearnhill in Letchworth are closed, as is Baldock’s Knights Templar School – but the Knights Templar carol service scheduled for this evening has not yet been cancelled, with head Tim Litchfield set to make a decision about this at lunchtime.
Primary schools Icknield, Wilbury, Hillshott, Stonehill, Northfields, Pixmore, Norton St Nicholas, The Grange, St Thomas More and Garden City Academy will be closed, as will be Woolgrove School.
In Baldock, primaries to close are St Mary’s and Hartsfield, with St John’s yet to confirm whether it will open. Ashwell Primary School will be closed today.
In Stevenage, Barclay, Barnwell, John Henry Newman, Marriotts, Nobel and Thomas Alleyne schools will all be closed today.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
Lonsdale, Longmeadow, The Valley, Lodge Farm, Letchmore, Camps Hill, Fairlands, St Nicholas, Woolenwick, Larwood and St Vincent de Paul will also be closed.
North Herts College has announced it will be closed at all campuses. Princess Helena College near Hitchin is also closed.
Village schools closing today include Graveley, Hexton, Offley, Pirton, Preston, St Ippolyts and St Paul’s Walden.
Other schools have yet to confirm whether they will open or stay closed today – the Comet will add any further closures to this list.
Letchworth’s independent St Francis’ College remains open as usual, though girls have been asked to travel only if it is safe to do so.
Kingshott School in Hitchin also remains open.