North Herts and Stevenage: GCSE results day in pictures
- Credit: Archant
Students across the area have been opening up envelopes today to discover their GCSE fate.
Here we’ve compiled two galleries of pictures from schools in Stevenage, North Herts and Central Beds capturing the day.
David Williams, cabinet member for education at Herts County Council, has been among those to lead the plaudits for students.
He said: “Congratulations to all Hertfordshire’s students who received their GCSE results today. Whatever the outcome when those envelopes were opened, I’d like to reassure you and your parents that there are plenty of options available.
“Dedicated people will be on-hand to give you all the advice you need. Schools will have members of staff available to talk through your choices – whether you’ve exceeded your expectations, had a change of heart about what to do next or if the news isn’t what you hoped.”
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire County Council’s Youth Connexions service has lots of advice and information for students on what to do next – visit www.youthconnexions.org.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs