North Hertfordshire College takeover students return for Comet internships
- Credit: Archant
Two students who took part in a takeover of the Comet have returned this week to begin internships.
Chloe Burden and Jake Tillbrook joined the team on Monday having spent two weeks in April involved in the ‘Big Student Takeover’.
During the takeover they worked on a special edition of the newspaper which they helped design and produce alongside 10 fellow students at North Hertfordshire College.
Following the culmination of the takeover edition on April 10, Chloe and Jake were chosen for internships, with the opportunity to try out a number of different roles as well as create a page in the newspaper together each week through to the end of August.
Jake, 17, who is studying creative IT at the college’s Stevenage campus, said: “Being part of the Big Student Takeover was a chance for me personally to find out what it is like in an actual working environment. During the takeover weeks the team was split into different areas and slowly put a special edition of the Comet newspaper together.
You may also want to watch:
“After winning an internship from the takeover I look forward to becoming part of the Comet team for the summer where Chloe and I will be creating a page for North Hertfordshire College every week.”
Chloe, 18, who has just completed the first year of her creative media production course at the Centre for the Arts in Hitchin, added: “I am really excited to start work at the Comet, it should be a lot of fun and undoubtedly I will be gaining some fantastic experience in a really good work environment.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
“I’m incredibly grateful to the Comet for giving me this opportunity.”
To follow the students’ progress follow @Comet_Chloe and @Comet_Jake on Twitter and use the hashtag #BigStudentTakeover