North Hertfordshire College students bag social media award in Subway competition
- Credit: Archant
Students from North Hertfordshire College have been awarded a prize for ‘Best Social Media Strategy’ in a competition to design and market their own Subway sandwich.
The five-strong team went up against five other finalists from schools and colleges across the region, completing ‘Dragons Den’ style pitches at the University of Cambridge.
The girls involved – Lucy Walkling, Ola Soroka, Ludivine Dubois, Ellen Wright, Abbie Rose – came up with The Victory Sub, designed to be both a healthy and nutritious sandwich option, but it did not quite live up to its name and was beaten to the overall prize by City College Norwich’s The Subrero.
Sarah Lee, business enterprise manager at NHC’s Peter Jones Enterprise Academy in Letchworth, said: “The students thoroughly enjoyed getting to grips with the Design a Sub competition. It gave them a fantastic opportunity to put the skills they are learning into practice and they all did a great job.
“Taking part in the competition has been a fantastic experience for them and the college is very proud of their efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
Subway entrepreneur Bob Moodliar, who chaired the judging panel, added: “All the students did a fantastic job and we were extremely impressed with their pitches and the creativity of their ideas.
“The team from North Hertfordshire College clearly put a lot of thought and hard work into their entry and they should be very proud of how far they got in the competition. Selecting our overall winner was an extremely tough decision.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
The national chain – which has stores in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth – will be selling winning sub The Subrero from early next year.