New Stevenage headteacher ready for challenge
- Credit: Archant
A NEW headteacher, who is set to take over a secondary school that has been placed in the requires improvement category by Ofsted, has said she “expects to be challenged at every level”.
Bethany Honnor will take over as headteacher at Marriotts School in Stevenage from September.
She will replace the current acting headteacher, Geraint Edwards, who is moving to The Priory School in Hitchin.
Ms Honnor, who is currently deputy principal at the Oasis Academy in Enfield, which has been rated good by Ofsted, said: “My focus will be for each and every student to meet their potential.
“My focus will be to use the expertise we currently have, increase teacher training, and work with all headteachers in Stevenage to give our students the best future.”
You may also want to watch:
Five of the six secondary schools in Stevenage have changed their headteacher in the last 18 months. Asked her opinion on this, Ms Honnor said: “I know there have been a lot of changes in leadership, and change is always difficult.
“I am most definitely in this for the long haul. I am very committed to the school and to the students. I hope to increase parent-teacher engagement, give students leadership opportunities and increase better training for staff.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“First and foremost I am accountable to the students of Marriotts. We should expect to be challenged at every level to deliver amazing results.”