New Stevenage school council members meet town’s MP
- Credit: Archant
Members of a new school council were presented with badges by Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland at a special assembly on Friday afternoon.
Mr McPartland presented the badges to the children in front of their parents and the rest of Giles Nursery and Infants’ School in Stevenage.
He said: “It is always a pleasure to meet each member of the school council and present them with their school council badges, and it is really nice that so many parents turned up to support the children.
“I enjoy working with the children and being a member of their eco committee.”
The children are all asked whether they are interested in being part of the school council, and two are chosen from each class, with those in Year 2 being elected by their peers.
The councillors work with teacher Emma McPartland, who leads the school council as head of Year 2, on different areas to help improve the school.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening