Nearly 100 families helped by Biggleswade school uniform drive
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade’s school uniform drive has helped 90 families after hundreds of donations from the community.
Amy Pugsley has been collecting uniform to help those who can’t afford to buy it, and she opened up her house at the weekend to give away what she has collected.
“So far I’ve been able to help 90 families which I’m really happy with,” she said.
“All of the families that I have been able to help have been very grateful.
“It’s been really nice to be able to organise something like this, with lots of people donating and sharing uniform – including Biggleswade Academy and Lawnside Lower School for making donations of unwanted lost property.
You may also want to watch:
“The help and support I’ve had has been amazing.
“Most days over the last few weeks I’ve come home from work to bags of uniform on my doorstep.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
“I’m still taking in donations, especially uniform with school logos on.”