Michael Underwood presents award to Highbury Lodge nursery
A NURSERY school in Hitchin has won a prestigious national award for being the best pre-school in the country, receiving the honour at a ceremony in London from TV personality Michael Underwood.
Highbury Lodge day nursery, which was recognised by Ofsted as ‘outstanding’, reached the finals of the Nursery World Awards along with five other candidates presented by TV personality Michael Underwood.
It was Highbury Lodge that finished on top, with a panel of industry experts praising their excellent levels of care to the children.
“We are very proud of what we have achieved, both across the nursery and within our pre-school,” said nursery manager Claire Ovenden.
“Winning the award is further confirmation that we have created a pre-school which provides first class childcare, run by highly qualified staff who love working with children.”
The nursery, which offers places to 74 children, was asked to prove how each individual child is given high quality care.
“We encourage all our children to reach their full potential,” said Claire.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 9 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin