Meet the team bringing bargains to Stevenage shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Chain’s second store in town creates up to 40 jobs
Booming discount chain Home Bargains has pumped £500,000 into a new Stevenage store which is now open for business.
The company, one of the UK’s largest family-run retailers, has created up to 40 new jobs after setting up shop on the town’s Monkswood Retail Park.
It’s the chain’s second store in Stevenage - there’s already one in the town centre, as well as 350 other outlets across the UK.
The chain’s expansion programme sees it open on average another new store every week.
You may also want to watch:
The 15,000 sq ft unit was previously a Comet electricals store.
Operations director Joe Morris said: “We’re excited about our second store in Stevenage - Monkswood Retail Park will be a great location for us.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
“The store opening was a great success and we’d like to thank the Mayor of Stevenage Councillor Sherma Batson for giving up her time to attend.
“We’re thrilled by the response we’ve already seen from shoppers in Stevenage and are looking forward to seeing even more new customers come through the doors. We’d also like to thank all staff members for ensuring the launch day ran as smoothly as possible.”