Marriotts School, Stevenage
At Marriotts School in Stevenage, 58 per cent of students achieved five A*-C grades, with 40 per cent achieving an A*-C in English and maths. Headteacher Patrick Marshall said: These results represent a 37 percentage point increase in the number of stude
At Marriotts School in Stevenage, 58 per cent of students achieved five A*-C grades, with 40 per cent achieving an A*-C in English and maths.
Headteacher Patrick Marshall said: "These results represent a 37 percentage point increase in the number of students gaining five or more good GCSE passes since 2002.
"The school is very proud of the exceptional achievements of all of our students, it is a credit to the hard work put in by the pupils and their teachers and they are all to be heartily congratulated.
"Our overall performance has maintained our recent rapid improvement."
You may also want to watch:
Top performing students included Sophie Pritchard with 10 A grades including three at A*, Emine Yeter with seven grade As including four at A* and two Bs, Mick Webber with six grade As and three Bs, Carrianne Baillie six As including one A* and three Bs, Louise Cox with five As, two at A*, and four Bs, Adam Spicer with five As and five Bs, Konlek Sukpaung with four A*s, two Bs and five Cs, Britney Sewell with four As, five Bs and two Cs and Danielle Carmody who was awarded four A*s and five Cs.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?