Marriotts: Another record-breaking year
A PUPIL who holds the national pole vault record for his age group was one of many celebrating outstanding GCSE results in another record-breaking year at Marriotts School.
Seventy per cent of students managed at least five A* to Cs as star performer Daniel Gardner achieved nine A*s and one A at GCSE, as well as an A in a maths module at AS level.
There were also outstanding results for Lashara Clements (8A*, 1A, 5B, 6C), Chantel Tucker (8A*, 1A, 2B, 7C), Aderinsola Ibitayo (4A*, 9A), Laura Stredwick (3A*, 8A, 2B), Mantenso Kotomah (4A*, 6A, 3B), Eloise Jones (8A*, 1A, 3B), Thea Pendlebury (1A*, 8A, 4B, 4C), Amie Williams (4A*, 4A, 5B), Kate Pittaccio (2A*, 5A, 2B) and Mollie Smith (4A, 4B, 7C).
“Our overall performance has maintained our recent rapid improvement”, said an elated headteacher, Patrick Marshall.
“I am delighted for all the students and proud of their achievements which are a high water mark for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“It is worth remembering that our performance in 2002 was 21 per cent for any five good GCSEs and in 2010 it is now 70 per cent.
“We are celebrating every child’s success today who has achieved passes in these exams and I wish to congratulate my whole staff team for all their hard work.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
Students in Year 10 also took many of their GCSEs this year with Elizabeth Redfern (7A*, 2A, 1B), Shannon Quinn (7A*, 3A, 4B), Alice Sweeney (6A* 1A, 3C), Arthur Moss (5A, 5B) and James Potter (2A*, 4A, 1B, 1C) among the star performers.