Marriotts: Another record-breaking year
A PUPIL who holds the national pole vault record for his age group was one of many celebrating outstanding GCSE results in another record-breaking year at Marriotts School.
Seventy per cent of students managed at least five A* to Cs as star performer Daniel Gardner achieved nine A*s and one A at GCSE, as well as an A in a maths module at AS level.
There were also outstanding results for Lashara Clements (8A*, 1A, 5B, 6C), Chantel Tucker (8A*, 1A, 2B, 7C), Aderinsola Ibitayo (4A*, 9A), Laura Stredwick (3A*, 8A, 2B), Mantenso Kotomah (4A*, 6A, 3B), Eloise Jones (8A*, 1A, 3B), Thea Pendlebury (1A*, 8A, 4B, 4C), Amie Williams (4A*, 4A, 5B), Kate Pittaccio (2A*, 5A, 2B) and Mollie Smith (4A, 4B, 7C).
“Our overall performance has maintained our recent rapid improvement”, said an elated headteacher, Patrick Marshall.
“I am delighted for all the students and proud of their achievements which are a high water mark for the school.
“It is worth remembering that our performance in 2002 was 21 per cent for any five good GCSEs and in 2010 it is now 70 per cent.
“We are celebrating every child’s success today who has achieved passes in these exams and I wish to congratulate my whole staff team for all their hard work.”
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
Students in Year 10 also took many of their GCSEs this year with Elizabeth Redfern (7A*, 2A, 1B), Shannon Quinn (7A*, 3A, 4B), Alice Sweeney (6A* 1A, 3C), Arthur Moss (5A, 5B) and James Potter (2A*, 4A, 1B, 1C) among the star performers.