Looking for a career in education? Head to Stevenage on Saturday for recruitment fair
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage will be top of the form for jobs in education on Saturday as schools set out their stall at a recruitment fair.
Herts for Learning, the UK’s largest not for profit schools company which is based in the town, is hosting the Teach in Herts Teacher Recruitment Fair at the Hertfordshire Development Centre at Robertson House in Six Hills Way.
The free event, from 10am to 4pm, offers the chance to talk over teaching opportunities at schools across the county, and there will also be a series of workshops and an individual advice surgery.
Herts For Learning managing director Jan Paine said: “There is a widely recognised and increasing shortage of teachers in the UK.
“To support Herts schools, we are delighted to be hosting the fair and raising the profile of a rewarding teaching career in the county.
You may also want to watch:
“Our schools and settings are committed to providing high levels of education for all children, but to achieve this, we need to continue to recruit exceptional and enthusiastic teachers.
“If you are a current, past or new teacher, or considering a career change to teaching, the fair is an essential event for you.”
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
There are more than 500 schools in Hertfordshire, will nearly 185,000 children on the rolls.
Find out more, or pre-register to beat the queues, at www.teachinherts.com.