Letchworth pupils bid a tearful farewell to primary school
- Credit: Archant
Year 6 pupils from Stonehill School in Letchworth said an emotional goodbye to primary school despite the lockdown.
With term disrupted by coronavirus, schools across Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth found novel ways to celebrate the end of term.
Pupils at Stonehill were able to see friends and teachers to say goodbye before moving on to secondary school in September.
Mum Lisa Huggins said: “Good luck and all the best to the class of 2020, Thank you to all the teachers throughout their last year – you will all be missed.”
Another mum commented: “Good luck to all of Year 6 of 2020.
You may also want to watch:
“A big thank you to all the amazing teachers, not only throughout 2020 but for all your support through our primary school years.
“I know a lot of children are sad to be leaving such a lovely ‘family’ school, but are excited to begin their new adventures.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women